Asset inventory either hardware or software is essential in keeping a strict control on IT operating cost. Large organizations with numerous computer and network assets find it difficult to keep track of the inventory and assets management activities. Windows system inventory viewer is among the foremost companion for auditing and asset management efforts of an organization. From single console auditors can audit entire network and remote machines. It also provides facility to audit enterprise wide hardware inventory and software inventory.
Windows asset inventory viewer involves the identification of hardware and software assets on the network. This software inventory tracker provides required asset and inventory information within a minute. This Windows asset inventory viewer facilitates management in decision making process with latest information available for continuously updated network asset and inventory. Any violation of software policy could easily be controlled from Windows system inventory viewer. A detailed report of individual PC software can be traced down with the help of Windows system inventory viewer.
Software inventory viewer identifies the licensed and expired versions of all allowed software on the network. It clearly depicts unauthorized software installed on any PC over the network. User can add or subtract software from default software list.
Hardware inventory viewer provides a detailed overview of individual systems over the network with the facility to sort systems by operating systems, manufacturer, model, memory, processor etc. It also depicts complete hardware inventory information for all installed machines on the network.
Windows system inventory viewer is a very comprehensive inventory management tool that makes it possible for auditors to compare and contrast the specific asset against its inventory over the network. This tool facilitates IT security professionals by supporting the security and regulatory compliance reporting process. Windows System inventory viewer supports Windows 7 / Windows 2008 / Windows Vista / Windows 2003 / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows NT machines. Windows System inventory viewer also facilitates in achieving strengthened governance, control and regulatory compliance like Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) (USA) , Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) (USA) , Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) (USA), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) (USA) , Data Protection (EU, UK, Canadian), J-SOX (Japan), LSF (France), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI/DSS), security frameworks such as ISO 27001, and COBIT or NIST. This windows inventory tool extends a number of options and reporting methods to the user. User can also export windows inventory report generated by windows inventory viewer to different formats like pdf, rpt, xls, doc and rtf.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Manage hardware & software Inventories with ease.
- Fulfill regulatory requirements.
- Helps in sorting hardware inventory according to processor, CD-ROM, Hard disk, RAM.
- Helps in detecting whether an employee has plugged in a new hardware or he/she has installed new software.
- Helps in identifying whether an employee has deleted software or plugged out hardware.
- Its help to easily track which employee is violating your defined policies.
- Its helps in defining a list of software’s according to organizational policy and against that you can check which software are installed, not installed and check if there is any extra software installed on that machine.
- Its check hardware & software inventory of remote machine without any hassle.
- Its check all your systems time and date whether they are in accordance with the defined time zone.