Windows Event Log Viewer is a windows based event management software that allow users to import logs from remote or local windows 7 / 2008 / Vista / 2003 / XP / 2000 /NT machines and presents those to users in a GUI based environment. This windows log viewer / windows log analyzer analyzes events logs recorded in Security, System, Application, Hardware events file, which make it easy for IT security and IT auditing professionals to understand and analyze them for example, failed logon attempt, system privileges used, unauthorized access and changes for forensic purposes in case of a breach and also track error which occurs on the machine.
Windows log viewer / windows log analyzer also helps administrators to browse and view event logs pertaining to types like Error Logs, Informational Logs, Warning Logs, Audit Logs and Windows Security Logs in a well tailored format for reporting and easy understandability. This event viewer will also help in monitoring administers and Users activities. Users can view different logs according to their specific requirements which allow users to track event by event ID, by log type or by category. It also supports sorting of events by time, date, computer, category, event, user and message.
This windows event viewer facilitates IT security professionals by supporting the security and regulatory compliance reporting process. Windows event viewer supports Windows 7 / Windows 2008 / Windows Vista / Windows 2003 / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows NT machines.
Windows Event Log Viewer also facilitates in achieving strengthened governance, control and regulatory compliance like Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) (USA) , Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) (USA) , Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) (USA), Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) (USA) , Data Protection (EU, UK, Canadian), J-SOX (Japan), LSF (France), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI/DSS), security frameworks such as ISO 27001 and COBIT or NIST. This event viewer for windows extends a number of options and reporting methods to the user. User can also export windows event log reports generated by Windows Event Log Viewer to other formats, like pdf, rpt, xls, doc and rtf.
Key Features and Benefits:
- User friendly and easy to use.
- Helps in log viewing & log analyzing.
- Hence this event log viewer helps user in better event log management.
- Helps in enforcement of Regulatory Compliance Standards.
- Detect problems with an authorization or access control implementation.
- Helps to identify a possible brute force attack.
- Helps to identify a possible password guessing by users.
- Helps to identify a possible misuse of privileges.
- Helps in identifying individual accountability.
- Helps in conducting forensics, gathering evidence and reconstruction of events.
- Helps in identifying intrusion detection.
- Helps in conducting investigations of suspicious activities.
- Helps in event log monitoring which gathers data about specific Users/Administrator activities
- Helps an auditor in performing an audit.
- Export log reports to different formats.